Dog sling careers are great for dogs who enjoy being close to their owners. The close interaction between humans and dogs increases happiness for both humans and dogs.
Sling carriers can help us become emotionally and physically close to our dogs and allow us to bring our pups anywhere. Whether your dog is joining you on a hike, needs to be carried, or you want him close, the best dog sling carriers will do the trick.
Best Dog Sling Carrier: Top Choices
These are our top choices for the best dog sling carriers for your dog.
Maxbone Eco Packable Sling Carrier
Best Overall and Most Comfortable
4.9 out of 5
- Can hold dogs up to 10 pounds
- The safety latch helps ensure the dog stays attached to the carrier
- Made using recycled materials
One of our favorite features of Maxbone’s Eco Packable Sling Carrier Bag is that it uses recycled materials, like water bottles and nylon. It is designed to fit all small breeds and provides maximum comfort to you and your pup.
This sling is stylish as it is inspired by a unique Scandinavian design. It also features two zipper pockets to fit all your essentials.
Maxbone’s Eco Packable Sling Carrier comes in black and nude and is perfect for carrying your pup around for the day to avoid overexerting him.
Labra Plush Dog Support Sling
Best Large Dog Carrier Sling
4.7 out of 5
- Made to fit humans of all sizes and can be adjusted accordingly
- Reduces stress on your pup’s arthritic or injured joints
- Made of a soft, plush material
The Labra Plush Dog Support Sling is a great choice for large dogs. This sling is excellent for dogs who suffer from arthritis, have injured joints, or need to increase their mobility.
The Labra Plush Dog Support Sling is made of comfortable plush material and will help your pup feel relief if he struggles with aching joints. You can better help him get up and down stairs and walk long distances. Whether you have a large or giant breed, this sling is a great option.
Labra Dog Support Sling
Best Dog Sling Carrier for Medium Dogs
4.6 out of 5
- It fits humans of most sizes
- Easy to use adjustable straps
- Helps with dog’s joint pain
The Labra Dog Support Sling is a great sling carrier for medium-sized dogs. This sling is intended to use on your pup if he is experiencing pain due to arthritis or injured joints.
This sling carrier is easy to wear, with adjustable straps to help you stand straight and avoid back pain. The Labra Dog Support Sling is easy to slip on your dog. This is great for getting up and down steps or helping your dog walk longer distances.
Outward Hound PoochPouch Dog Sling
Best Carrier Sling for Small Dogs
4.8 out of 5
- Holds dogs up to 15 pounds
- Adjustable shoulder strap for maximum comfort
- Made using water-resistant fabric
- It has small zippered pockets to store your essential items
The Outward Hound PoochPouch Dog Sling is perfect to use for small dogs. It is made using high-quality materials, is soft, easy to clean, and water-resistant. If you need to store small essential items, like your cell phone, you can place them in the small zippered pocket on the sling.
It is easy for you and your pup, mainly because of the adjustable shoulder strap and safety harness. The Outward Hound PoochPouch is an excellent carrier sling to use on small dogs.
Best Puppy Sling
4.7 out of 5
- Made using soft and breathable material
- Safety hook to use on your puppy’s collar
- Can fit puppies up to 13 pounds
- Thick padded strap to prevent shoulder pain
The SlowTon Hands-Free Padded and Adjustable Dog Sling will help keep your puppy safe when on the go. You can bring your puppy wherever you go without worrying about his safety.
It has a thick padded shoulder strap to prevent shoulder pain and can be easily adjusted to fit humans of any size. This sling is made from a soft, breathable cotton material to ensure your pup stays comfortable.
This sling is unique because it features an adjustable safety hook so you can link your puppy’s collar to it to prevent him from slipping out. The SlowTon Dog Sling is the perfect fit for puppies.
PetAmi Deluxe Backpack Dog Carrier
Best Dog Sling Carrier for Hiking
4.6 out of 5
- Optimal airflow to keep your pup cool
- Waist and chest buckles offer added support
- Made using long-lasting and high-quality materials
If you are going on a hike with your furry friend and it is extremely hot out, we recommend the PetAmi Deluxe Backpack Dog Carrier. It is suitable for dogs weighing up to 18 pounds.
The waist and chest buckles make it comfortable to carry your dog, and the thick shoulder straps prevent shoulder pain. It’s made with high-grade polyester to ensure it lasts long. Both enjoy hiking with the PetAmi Deluxe Backpack Dog Carrier.
Selecting the Best Dog Sling Carrier
To select the best-suited sling carrier for your dog, follow our buying guide.
Are Dog Carrier Slings Safe?
Dog carrier slings are entirely safe. To ensure you correctly use the carrier sling, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure maximum safety.
How Do You Make a Homemade Dog Sling?
You can make a homemade sling from an old shirt. You will need scissors, a long-sleeved shirt, and your dog.
- Lay the shirt out facing the front up, and use your scissors to cut a straight line down the middle of your shirt.
- Then, tie the sleeves over your left shoulder to make a tight knot. It should hang similar to a cross-body purse when you are done.
- Once you have two tails hanging from each side, grab the right-hand tail and pull it through the space between the shirt sling and you. Allow it to hang down in the front.
- Take the bottom of your shirt and fold it towards you to create a large pocket.
- Take the right-hand tail and wrap it around the back of your waist. Then, tie the left-hand bottom over your left hip in a double knot.
- You can now place your dog in the sling. Hold him against your chest and slide him down into your homemade sling.
Can I Take My Puppy Out In a Sling?
You can take your puppy out in a sling beginning at 8 weeks old, as long as the sling is geared toward their size. To be sure the sling is safe for your puppy, read the manufacturer’s instructions.
While these dog sling carriers are excellent choices for your pup, the best dog sling carrier is Maxbone’s Eco Packable Sling Carrier.
We love how stylish and comfortable this sling is for small dogs. It is made using recycled materials, has a drawstring church to customize your dog’s fit, and includes a safety latch to ensure your pup stays attached to the sling.
While Maxbone’s Eco Packable sling Carrier is our top choice, our second favorite is the Outward Hound PoochPouch Dog Sling.
We like that this carrier is well suited for dogs up to 15 pounds, has small zipper pockets for storage and is made using water-resistant fabric.
Whichever carrier sling you choose, all the carriers we reviewed are excellent choices for you and your pup.